THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 17

Isaac's first emergency

I had just left the house on Monday for Girls Night Out with my MOPS group, picked up Jennifer & we were on our way. Jimmy calls, he sounds frantic, says to turn around that Isaac busted his head open. I can hear him screaming in the background. He then says call 911. What a horrible feeling! Jennifer prayed, God gave me peace and we rushed home. Apparently Isaac was getting off the couch had both hands on the coffee table, jumped down and his hands went out & he went face first into the coffee table. Just FYI--head wounds bleed A LOT! It would have been nice to know that before hand. Jimmy said he cleaned up a lot of it before I got home because he knew I would freak out if I walked in & saw it. The bleeding slowed down a lot by the time I got home. The paramedics showed up and put us at ease and just said he needed a couple stitches. Jimmy & I drove him over and it ended up to wide for glue which I was hoping for. They gave us two options just let it heal on it's own with some tape over it or hold him down let them give him a shot to numb it a little bit & stitch it up. After everything we decided it would just be cruel to put him through that (they wouldn't be able to deaden it all the way, yikes!) so off we went with a really happy kid with a busted head. He'll probably have a little scar but we already can see him coming up with a much better sorry to tell people later.

1 comments:

Whitney said...

I'm so glad he's feeling better. He looks so old now, he's lost the baby look. It cracks me up, he's like Micah...smiling with a busted up head!