THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 10

They repeat everything!

Well today we are all ready to go swimming with our friends, the Smith's. Our lunches are packed, beach bag ready, I put our stuff in the front seat of the car. Elijah's following as I get Isaac up from his nap, walk to the car, open the door and there are NO CAR SEATS! I gasped as I remember we put them in Jimmy's car over the weekend. I turned to Elijah and he asks "What's wrong Mom?" I try to explain that Daddy accidentally took the car seats to work; he's devastated that he can't go swimming. I try to quickly recover (hoping to hold a temper tantrum at bay) and say let's have a picnic in the backyard & turn on the sprinkler! :) It worked, the boys had fun! Fast forward to tonight....Elijah is riding in the car with Jimmy and he says, "Dad, why did you take our car seats to work?" Jimmy goes on to tell him that it was an accident and he's sorry that he didn't make it swimming with his friends. Elijah in his pouring on the guilt voice tells him "It makes me sad when you do that Daddy." Do you think he's heard those words from me a few times, quite possibly!

1 comments:

Kate said...

hilarious! cant wait for reese to pull that stuff! just got back in from being out of town for a week....call me!!!!!!!!!!!! we need to plan our next visit :)